Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Birthdays!


April is the one month of the year when the most people I know were born! Let's see if I can get this right . . . .

On April 4th, a Sister-in-Law of mine turned 28. On the 9th of April, one of my Uncles turned 42, and on the 10th, one of my Cousins turned 37 and my Step-Father turned 52. On the 13th, one of my Aunts turned 64, on the 14th, my newest little Nephew was born, and on the 15th another of my Cousins turned 40. On the 16th, one of my childhood friends turned 29 and one of my Nieces turned 16. On the 19th one of my Step-Brothers turned 34, and today, another one of my Nieces turns 3 years old, and another one of my Step-Brothers is now 17. Tomorrow, my Step-Mother turns 61 & one of our mutual friends shares a birthday with her. Finally, on the 27th, my closest friend (we've known each other since we were 12) will be turning 29!

That's at least 15 people who are close to me and were born in the lovely month of April!

In which month of the year were the most people you know born? On my kitchen calendar, January has 4 birthdays (including mine), February has 7 (including my wife's), March has 6, April has 15, May has 5, June and July have only 1 each, August has 4, September and October have 3 each, November has 4, and December has 6.

I find it fascinating how attached we become to the months when we were born ... I tend to view January not only as the beginning of each new calendar year, but quite literally as the beginning of each new year of my life! It's cold then, so I love having occasions like holidays and birthdays to celebrate that time of year. It's so important to keep family members and friends close in our lives during the cold, dark winter months ... people we love remind us that the Springtime will come again! How appropriate, then, that so many of the people I love celebrate the beginnings of the next years of their lives right when the weather is warming up and the Springtime is settling in.

If you're another person who was born in this lovely month, Happy April to you! I hope your birthday month is filled with warmth and sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment